Open positions in Remington:
- R. House Events Manager - Hospitality-focused job leading private events at R. House, the food hall at 29th and Remington Avenue (posted 9/4/17)
- Bussers – full time and part time positions available. Stop by and talk with the General Manager, K’Cey (posted 10/13/17)
- Parking Manager – part time positions available. Stop by and talk with the General Manager, K’Cey (posted 10/13/17)
Rite Aid, 2700 Remington Avenue
- Has ongoing openings. Unfortunately, applications are directed through their corporate hiring system and may not be specific to the Remington store. Complete an application online or print out a paper application.
Previous local hiring activities
- In summer 2016, GRIA partnered with The Community School and Seawall Development to host a job fair at the soon-to-open R. House. GRIA board members had discussions with Tom Culotta of The Community School over the preceeding months about the importance of placing equity at the core of development in Remington. To Tom, this meant a focus on jobs for local residents, affordable housing, and retail that matches with the needs of long-term neighborhood residents. Names of restaurant stalls at R. House were being announced. We knew R. House created an opportunity to direct residents to jobs that were opening in walking distance of their homes, as bar managers, bar tenders, bussers, and food prep staff. GRIA members approached Dave Sherman of Cafe Cito, one of the first chefs publicly announced. Dave suggested a job fair for residents to meet the chefs who make the hiring decisions for each restaurant. R. House created an online application and The Community School opened the school to assist residents with completing their applications. The job fair took place on August 14th and saw over 100 people in attendance.